Friday, September 2, 2016

Reading labels

Let me first start by saying that I'm trying a new thing. I thought I would try to post from my phone.

Hopefully this turns out well and then maybe I can post small things more often. 

------------------------------------------

Today I went shopping for a few things. One thing I was determined to find was: bouillon cubes. Two things gave me great hope: I recently saw them at a friend's place AND someone told me she saw them a few days ago at at the store I was going to today. 

It took about 5 trips through two aisles were they might be, but I DID find them!!


I'm realizing now I should have put something else in the photo for size reference. Just know there are only two cubes per box. Although they are more like cubes flattened into 3D rectangles. They definitely don't meet the geometric definition for "cube". 

So....
I see what's on the left. 

This is just one small aspect of living overseas. You must learn to look at pictures and other context clues on labels. 

When I arrived home, I noticed the English on the reverse side.  

No comments:

Post a Comment