Thursday, February 1, 2018

NEWSLETTER: January 2018






8 Quick notes for the start of 2018

Often I feel like a broken record when I write to you. At least this time I know the pictures are new. 
  1. After Christmas I was able to enjoy an adventure on the Nile with two other friends. The picture below is the first moment the water wasn't calm. We had so much fun; it was definitely a unique experience. It was also very different from the rafting I've done in America. 
  2. A few days later, everything was back to usual with work. It continues on....just as yours does too I'm sure. A number of people are ready to come here and serve but are held up as they wait on adequate financial support. We continue to pray for that to be provided. 
  3. -Friends return and friends go...two of my closest friends that have been gone for home assignment in recent months both returned in the first half of January. Words don't describe how delighted I am to have them back. On the other hand, last week we took a couple to the airport as they move back to the states after 7 years in Uganda. 
  4. I continue to love my home church I have found here. It is a fabulous group of people that love the Lord. A few weeks ago 14 people were baptized; it was a great day!
  5. Tuesday evenings are a favorite time now. My friend, Kelsey, and I have decided to always spend time together on Tuesday evening. We have successfully done this all 5 Tuesdays so far this year. It means good food too! Last minute this week we decided to acquire some cheese which lead to a great moment shown below.
  6. Sunday I will make the short journey to Nairobi for some meetings. These are meetings that AIM has every other year. People from most (maybe all) offices gather as well as some others. This will be Sunday evening - Friday. Please pray for this time together.
  7. Afterwards, there are more meetings. Since the those of us from around the region will be gathered, we will have our regional meetings in the same place and I'll return home (to Uganda) on 14 February. 
  8. What questions do you have for me? What would you like me to write about in these emails? 

I suppose that's all for now. Perhaps no big news is good news? I hope your 2018 has started off with only good excitement or at least an uneventful first month.

Much love to you and your family,
Katherine

Top picture: Sunset over the Nile River

 .     .   

Left: I recently spent some time on the Nile River. I'm in the green shirt and black helmet. 
Center: Baptisms at church are always very exciting. Many gather outside and sing throughout. 
Right: Savoring a cheesy moment on Tuesday night's dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment