Sunday, May 27, 2018

NEWSLETTER: May 2018 part 2

Catching up with more happenings
27 March 2018




It's been more than a week.....

It's certainly been more than a week since I last wrote. Sorry for that! However, it is still within the same month, does that count for getting back to you soon? Though, it works out well because two big things happened last week.

I'll start with the difficult one. Our wonderful and loving church family received the news last week that a young family's daughter has three dangerous holes in her heart. She is just shy of one year old. Her parents are amazing people in the leadership of the church and as friends to many. You can imagine the turmoil they are experiencing. Unfortunately, their daughter's best chance for surgery for this life threatening condition is go to India. This needs to happen in the next couple weeks. If you are at all able to give financially to make this possible, then please visit this page. The family is also very grateful to be lifted in prayer through the coming weeks and months as they seek to save their daughter's life.

There is also good news. Last Monday, we received the notification that my work permit was approved. YEAH!!! It has been paid for and this coming week I will go to immigration to get it put in my passport. The crazy part is that 2 years was requested, yet somehow I was approved for 3 years. Not to worry, this doesn't mean I have to stay here for 3 more years. It just means I can come and go as I please for 3 years without paying for a visa.

TOP PICTURE: Just another unique load on the back of a boda (a motorbike used to transport goods and people).
It's artistic if the subject is almost out of the shot, right? I hope so...some moments are hard to capture when traveling through town. Also, my friend was driving. 
Round 1 of pizza for my friends. 
The car has been great and already super helpful for transporting things that don't fit on a boda easily. 
Round 2 is finished and I'm quite happy at our successful endeavor in the kitchen.
The car has also developed an ornery battery. Thankful for this power bank with connectors (that's on loan) that started it a few times.  
It was super fun to host two AIM missionaries from another part of Uganda. They were in the big city for a number of reasons and I was happy to offer them my extra set of keys. One evening another friend came over and the four of us made our own pizzas. I was delighted with our success. (Pictures above)

As you probably know, one of the biggest Earthly factors that allows me "to do what I do" is by the generous giving of monthly and other regular donations. With almost 3.5 years with AIM, it is understandable that things will change for donors in that same amount of time. I've certainly had a lot of changes. Right now, I am about $400 short for my monthly support. Please pray for me as I seek out the best way to fulfill this deficit. 
PLEASE PRAY FOR:

-The Tabu family of my home church in Kampala. That they would feel our Lord's presence through this very difficult time. That the finances would come so they can get safe and reliable heart surgery for their young daughter.
-Praise for my work permit getting approved and for longer than we asked. (Often times a shorter amount of time is given.) Pray the time at immigration office goes smoothly this week.
-Thankfulness that I'm able to provide a place for other missionaries when they need to be in the city.
-Direction as I seek the best way to communicate my financial needs to potential supporters. Pray that I would be led to the right people or groups. Pray they would be open to a commitment and hear God's calling. Pray for me to have the right words to communicate what is needed.
-Pray for two colleagues (and their families) from the office that leave for home assignment in the next few weeks. Please pray for their transition back to their passport country and for the transition in the office.
-Please continue to pray for my friend that moves back to America for a season after three years in Uganda. 



No comments:

Post a Comment