Sunday, August 21, 2011

Again?

I am already constantly thinking about returning. Within 24 hours of getting back, I was looking up dates for future trips.

One of the reasons I knew this trip was the timing. For a few reasons, it fit perfectly into other things that were going on. Some might argue that travel can be done later in life. I have two issues with that. 1. Later in life there are families, jobs, comitments which make travel extremely more complicated. 2. This isn't "travel". As much fun and life changing as this was, it came with challenges and difficulties.

More and more each day, I am seeing how I am getting led toward a life very different from what the western culture has to offer. My heart is being pulled to other places.

However, I am torn. I feel like I should acquire skills or knowledge to be able to be as much help to the children as possible. That means more and more time away. So where do I draw the line? What is the line between going to be actively serving and preparing to serve in the best way possible?

Meanwhile, I want to go back. I want to visit. I want to spend more time and learn about the kids and the culture they live in. The debate is December. There is another trip in December. I am having a hard time thinking of reasons not to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment