Friday, July 11, 2014

So much, So fast!

After a very unintentional five month sabbatical from writing, it just seems like there are endless things to share.

Please, allow me to cover the "big" things just briefly. But, before I do that. Let me preface by saying this post is coming to you from a guest house in Kigali, Rwanda after very little sleep over a multi day travel period.

The last week or so has been literally life changing for me. I don't mean that something happened as much that I mean that something will happen. On July 3, I received a phone call from Africa Inland Mission. This is an organization that I have been working with since May 2013. I have step by step been working through their multi-level application process. It is a process that has led me to learn much about myself and the organization that I have felt God call me to serve through them. The timing of completing each step seemed perfect at times and seemed so far from "my" path that I began to doubt. The phone call on July 3rd is when everything came to fruition. I had been officially appointed to serve in full time ministry with Africa Inland Mission. My mind was blown at God's timing!!!

In less than a week, I was leaving to lead a Visiting Orphans trip to Rwanda and Ethiopia. I am part of a team of nine amazingly awesome people that God put together. (We actually arrived in Rwanda just hours ago.) To be able to come here and know that in a matter of months I will be returning to this continent that has filled my heart on a one way ticket brings such a flurry of emotions that I just can't fathom it yet. I know it is happening and I know that this is all God's PERFECT timing. Looking back, I can understand some of the areas where "my" idea of timing was wrong.

It seems almost impossible to describe how this feels. It is like the road of God's will and the road of my ultimate dreams are merging into one path. I know this path won't be straight. It won't always be beautiful. But it will bring Glory to God and I am so thankful for that. For it is for Him and because of Him that all this is happening.

RIGHT NOW (literally)…..
I am in Rwanda with a great team of people. We get to minister to the lovely people here and in Ethiopia before returning to the states on July 23. Each time God provided for this team, I just became more and more excited. I just have this deep down feeling that something big will happen on this trip. I don't know why. Big things have happened on all of my trips to Africa but this seems different for some reason. I may never know what happen. Maybe we will only plant the seed of the Gospel and that will lead to life changing decisions that will change a town or a country. My the life of a team member will be radically changed beyond their imagination. Whatever happens, God has it all under control.

A few prayer requests:
-restful nights and fruitful days for the team I am with in Africa for the next two weeks
-wise decision making for me as I start to mentally plan for my move to Tanzania
-quick travel/jet lag recover followed by strength each and every day on the field
-comfort/peace for the family and friends on the team as they are without their loved ones

No comments:

Post a Comment