Saturday, July 12, 2014

Looking Forward: Tanzania

Just moments ago, I shared in a blog that Africa Inland Mission appointed me to serve in full time ministry. You may be wondering what that will look like. To tell you the truth, so am I! ;-)

I can tell you a few key things though…

I accepted an opportunity in Tanzania! The goal is to go there in January 2015. That may seem like a quick turn to make but through prayer and counsel, I believe that is the best position for me. God has been calling me to Africa in full time ministry and this is where it is going to happen. I am confident that He will provide in excess to make this a reality!

Where: Tanzania
When: January 2015
What: administrative work in a school
Who: I will go with another girl that will be teaching and a few other missionaries are already there.
Why: Because God has called, I have said yes
How: God's provision and guidance will get me there

First and foremost I need your prayerful support. This is going to be a giant step into God's will for my life. I am crazy excited to see what it will look like and to be living in it. There are many first world things that need to be taken care of and decisions to be made. Please pray for wisdom for me to make those decisions, guidance for those that may aid in the decision making, and openness of all those that are directly affected by this move into ministry.

Another main need is for financial support. This will fall into two categories: outgoing and monthly. A number of things will need to happen on the front end to bring together the logistics of this endeavor. The monthly support is for when I am on the field.

Right now, all I want you to do is pray about how you can best support me. I want you to support me in the way that God shows is best for you and your family. So many people will be part of this journey and not everyone is called to participate financially.

Some of the outgoing estimated costs are as follows:
Orientation school - $950
Medical (immunizations, physicals, medical clearance) - $700
Excess bagage fees - $500
Domestic travel  - $300
International travel - $1500
Travel Documents - $200
Language Acquisition Course: $5000


These are just a few of the areas that I know God will provide in their entirety. Actually, I know He will provide for everything!! That is so comforting and so mind boggling at the same time. I know He will do it, but just don't know how. I have peace knowing that I don't need to know how, not right now.

I will be sharing with you as I find out more specifics for both the preparation phase and the in country phase. Please don't hesitate to ask questions as you feel God leading you to inquire about certain needs or any ways that you can specifically help. I don't have any idea what to expect over the coming months. I know that God will be the center of so much and I very much look forward to how everything unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment