Friday, July 3, 2015

10 Reasons Why You Should Write Back

Most months I send out a newsletter through the fantastic method of communication known as email. Usually I don’t look forward to it because it means a time of testing my patience with the internet and using up the seemingly precious battery power. One thing always happens when I write a newsletter. I always hear through some people that many others are praying for me and they are excited to hear from me. I want each of you to know that it is completely acceptable to write to me directly whether a reply to a newsletter or just a note of its own. And these are some reasons why…..

1. I want to hear from you!!
2. It brings me great joy to know what is going on in your life.
3. Knowing what is going on with you makes me feel connected to life in the states.
4. It gives me motivation to write more knowing that I might hear from you.
5. God is doing great and amazing things where you are and I want to know about it.
6. I really do want to hear from you!!!
7. It is easier to know how I can be praying for you if I know what is going on in your life just like you want to support me through prayer.
8. Sometimes life on the other side of the ocean is hard and difficult and it is so refreshing to hear from you and even see pictures of you and your beautiful families.
9. Sometimes I just miss you and a note really helps to fill that void.

10. You are not insignificant. God called me to Africa. He called you to where you are. [Although, if He is calling you somewhere where you are not, then you might want to work on that situation.] The life you are living is a missionary life to those in your circle of influence. My people just happen to be Tanzanians. Your people are coworkers and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment