Wednesday, May 31, 2017

NEWSLETTER: May 2017

31 May 2017: Working with more tasks




Continuing on and a little bit up.....

Well, generally speaking, it is "one of those months" where it doesn't seem like a lot happened. It's been a small whirlwind to be back in the swing of things for a month now. Some days I still feel like I'm training my brain to get the inner file system working again and ingrain names and dates for immediate recall. It sure does feel good to be back though. 

Even this week, I saw a boda driver that would often take me home last year. I enjoy each moment a Ugandan recognizes me. Seeing his or her face light up at the realization that an expat returned is a lovely moment. People can come and go easily but when someone returns, it really seems to be different. I remember having this same feeling with my short term trips. 

There is one thing that happened just this Monday. I was officially granted some more responsibility and tasks as well as a new title in my email. I'm not going to rattle on about why because that would seem strange. Instead I'll just offer a piece of the email that went out to those that serve in our region:

        "Effective immediately, Katherine Rowe will be taking on all of personnel as our Personnel Coordinator. Having helped in personnel for the last year and a half, we are confident in her abilities to manage it on her own." 


So there's that. It is just a little increase in tasks/responsibilities as well as a different email, but everything else stays the same.

 .   

Left Picture: I felt so honored and privileged to be invited to AIM's leadership meetings earlier this month. This includes all upper level leadership with a few invitees. I was just a lucky opportunistic addendum invitee for the last two days. It was quite the pleasure to meet these leaders and share a few meals with them!!
Even during the breaks, there was always a few that were still thinking and planning. 

Right Picture: Just "paying it forward" back to you with a few snapshots of what I've had in OBK this month. The top picture has an adorable illustration of a character lassoing the sun and putting it in a mailbox. And that scripture reference is good any day! 
A little bit of sunshine from all around the world and a wonderful reminder in 1 Thess 5:16-18.

Top Picture: I couldn't recall if I've ever shared a picture of the office....so here it is. This is where I go for work.I hadn't realized how large that tree is on the right until I saw the comparison in this picture.

Please CLICK here and PRAY for the Unreached of Africa

Prayer Requests:
  • patience with myself as I get settled and organized with a little bit more on my plate
  • good, intentional time with friends so we all take a break from ministry
  • wisdom in decision making and boldness when needed with my new responsibilities
  • ability to rest and "check out" from work when needed

No comments:

Post a Comment