Sunday, May 19, 2013

He is in the Small Things

Really, I mean it! He is in the small things. God is in the smallest things in our lives. Did you know that? I know it, but often forget this awesome fact about our glorious God. Ironically, seeing God in the small things is what led me to make the original decision to go to Africa the first time in 2011. You can read a little bit about that here. Twice in the last two weeks, God has shown me how He continually has His hand in the seemingly smallest meaningless things.

About two weeks ago, I decided I wanted to start a new reading plan for the Bible. I know I will benefit more from this study if I take notes while reading and journal about what I'm learning. Thus, I get to buy a new notebook! Yeah for new notebooks!!! I have discovered a specific notebook that I really like for a few reasons. It comes from the Dollar General and it costs $2.50. During lunch break on a Wednesday, I asked my coworkers if they knew of a dollar store nearby. I was trying to figure out the best option to stop at one without veering off the path home. At the same time I really really didn't want to stop at the store for just one item. Literally less than one minute after asking, my other coworker that left for lunch texted and asked if any of us needed anything from the dollar store. I was floored at how that came together. She was able to get the exact notebook I wanted and all was well!

This past week a representative from an office store came to my work. She brought us some free samples of various office [a.k.a. school] supplies. That afternoon my coworkers and I were showing our nerdness and looking through all of it. I told them how the look, feel, and even smell of the new supplies almost makes me want to go to school again. It was then highly suggested that I use the income from my current job to buy some school supplies and pretend I'm in school instead of actually enrolling in school and paying money. Well.....that night I was talking to my representative from Africa Inland Mission. It turns out there are some classes that are highly recommended to take so that I can meet some competencies for AIM. Once again, God had his hand all over some silly small aspect of my life. I was and still am so excited.

1. want a new notebook for a reading plan........God provided it moments later without me having to go get it
2. get excited about new school supplies...........God provides a reason for me to take classes and therefore get some school supplies

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE these simple small reminders that God has His hands all over every aspect of our lives. If He cares about a simple notebook and school supplies, then I KNOW He cares about the big important things.

Have you seen God in the small things in your life recently?
If you think about it and look for His handy work, then I bet you will see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment