Monday, July 15, 2013

Blessed

Some time ago I had a very short lived patch of frustrating days. At some point towards the end of this, God led me to realize how truly blessed I am. I've challenged myself to come up with 100 ways of why I am blessed. A mental list is all that I have made thus far, but I've decided to really put it together.

I am beyond blessed because I [have]:

1. a roof over my head every night
2. more than enough food to keep me happy
3. clothes of variety to choose from
4. a soft pillow to lay my head on
5. blankets to keep me warm
6. a car that is mine
7. the ability to put fuel in the car
8. a computer that connects me to endless people and allows me to share this with you
9. locks on doors to keep me safe
10. a Mom that loves me unconditionally to no end
11. the most wonderfulest brother a girl could ask for
12. the ability to worship my Savior without fearing for my life
13. been born in a country full of freedoms
14. traveled to Alaska.....six times
15. traveled to China with a great friend
16. traveled to China with my brother
17. traveled to China by myself
18. traveled to China with the bestest roommate ever
19. traveled to Africa with a wonderful friend
20. traveled to Africa and made life long friends
21. traveled to Africa and made more life long friends
22. gone to Rwanda for a month and saw God do big things
23. been white water rafting in Colorado
24. been white water rafting in Alaska on Class V rapids
25. been ice climbing in Alaska
26. built snow igloos in my grandparents' back yard....more than once
27. held orphans in my arms and told them God loves them
28. a trampoline in the backyard that I LOVE to jump on
29. Gwen and she cooks so so amazingly
30. Gwen and she always makes sure there is something I can eat
31. swam with a dolphin
32. been in an airplane
33. traveled to Hawaii
34. kayaked in the Pacific Ocean
35. swam in the Gulf of Mexico
36. taken a ride on a train
37. gone to many a Cardinals game
38. Ruth to watch do crazy things
39. Elizabeth to always make me smile
40. CLC
41. a Life Group that prays for me
42. a church family that supports the desires of my heart
43. another church family that barely knows me and still supports me
44. a phone that connects me to friends and family
45. a town that has free entertainment (i.e. movies in the park)
46. health insurance
47. dental insurance
48. car insurance
49. running water
50. electricity
51 internet access
52. a comfy couch to sit on and relax with friends
53. socks to keep my toes warm
54. shoes to protect my feet
55. an employer that let me leave for a month
56. co workers that are wonderful to work with
57. a high school diploma
58. two college degrees
59. enough hair to spare for other people
60. been skiing in Colorado
61. been skiing in Iowa
62. a cousin that will drag me on a tube behind the snow mobile
63. a friend with an amazing family that lets me come on vacation with them
64. played softball
65. played lacrosse
66. swam on a team
67. played basketball
68. a body that lets me be active and explore the world
69. a roommate that can read me like a book
70. had teachers that care about me
71. a teacher that let me take a test late just because I was going through a busy time
72. had coaches that taught me more than sport related skills
73. was on the winning team of an eighth grade rival basketball game
74. friends I can call any time of day
75. friends that will help me without asking why
76. great strong teeth
77. never had a cavity
78. never broken a bone
79. had very little experience with death (only been to two funerals)
80. never had to miss a meal
81. never been in danger because of my faith
82. never been sick more than the common unpleasantness
83. countless photos to help me recall wonderful moments
84. a pretty good memory
85. seen TSO in concert
86. been to City Museum
87. been to the beach (many of them)
88. never had to be in the hospital for illness
89. had the pleasure of having a canine companion
90. lived in the country
91. walked home because the van was stuck in snow (it was quite the adventure)
92. friends that trust me with their home when they are away
93. a brother that spoils me when I visit
94. popcorn to eat
95. can read
96. can write
97. can count
98. can type (without looking)
99. can write backwards
100. a God that sent His son to die for my sins and wants to have a relationship with me for eternity
101. a friend that helps me out when I'm over commited
102. friends that understand when I have to say no and take a break
103. extra pillows in the house that are easy to throw




No comments:

Post a Comment