Friday, July 26, 2013

Bucket List

Classic, yes I know.
But it's been on my mind and I think it is an interesting way to track goals. It may also be interesting to see how they change over time. Will they be more relational, career oriented, free spirited, or make no sense at all?

Let's start with some things that I have done that are definitely bucket list worth.
1. skydiving [July 20, 2013, Waverly, TN]
2. white water rafting [Colorado, class III; Alaska, class V]
3. hike through a bamboo forest [May 2008 with my mom]
4. swim with a dolphin
5. hike the Grand Canyon, well....part of it[April 2001; 8th grade class trip]

Now for some things that are yet to be completed. My plan for this list is to see what I can come up with on my own over the next few weeks. Then, I might look at other bucket lists and steal some ideas. Also, I plan to add to it and note when goals are added as well as when anything is accomplished.

1. get married
2. be a mom (not necessarily biologically, could be through adoption or just role model/influence)
3. skydive....at least one more time
4. run a 5K
5. run a 10K.....maybe
6. photos taken on railroad tracks
7. move to Africa
8. love unconditionally
9. go to Niagara Falls
10. go on a trip by train....even if its just one way
11. go to a comedy show (preferably Jim Gaffigan, Jeanne Robertson, or Brian Regan)
12. ride the tallest swing ride (currently at Six Flags over Texas in Arlington stands at 400ft and 35 mph)
13. go to Redwood National/State Park in California
14. see a giraffe in its natural habitat
15. see the Northern Lights
16. ride a horse at top speed (or at close as safely possible)
17. change someone's life by teaching them something
18. laugh until I cry....over and over and over
19. love someone that has never experienced love
20. ride a hot air balloon
21. repeat 20 at sunset
22. ride a horse on the beach
23. have a joyful life
24. spread joy to others around me
25. go to a circus
26. go to a drive-in movie
27. road trip on Route 66




No comments:

Post a Comment