Saturday, March 14, 2015

NEWSLETTER: March 2015

Language school is in full swing and we have a beautiful view.



From Orientation to
Language School

Two weeks of healing followed by two weeks of learning

Eight weeks ago I stepped foot on the continent that stole my heart 3 ½ years ago. I can’t believe it has already been two months. God has taught me so much in such a short time. In addition to continuing to teach me about patience and His timing, God is also showing me the importance of community and having confidence in the abilities that He has given to me.

Melody and I spent an extra two weeks in Nairobi after finishing orientation in Nakuru, Kenya. Right at the end of orientation, I started not feeling well. When we returned to Nairobi, I had some tests done. After 6 doctors, chest xrays, CT scan, and more, it was determined that I had pericarditis caused by a viral infection. We stayed in Nairobi to allow time for healing and rest before heading to Tanzania.

Now, I am completely healthy (praise God) and we have completed two weeks of language school. Language school is a unique experience that includes humility, determination, perseverance, vulnerability, hope, and more.

Prayer requests: continued relationship building for Melody and I; perseverance for language learning; patience with myself; intentionality in new areas of my life

Please don't hesitate to let me know what is going on in your life. What has God been teaching you and how can I be praying for you? You can respond directly to this email. I would love to hear from each of you!!

Serving and learning in Africa,
Katherine
Melody and I with our first language teacher.
Home for the next three months!





No comments:

Post a Comment