Saturday, October 24, 2015

Prayer Requests - October 2015



No matter the reason you landed on this post, I want you to know that I am very grateful for your commitment to support me through prayer. At times it is highly evident that prayerful support is the most important support that I need. 

Side note: I have been helping with the children's program at the three week orientation that all full time missionaries with AIM do at some point during the first term. With all that has happened, my willingness to do this was an answer to prayer as another children's worker had a urgent family matter just before this began. Also, in the history of this orientation (about 30 of them) this is the first one that the kids have out numbered the adults. 

1. continued safety as all the speakers travel to and from the area
2. health!! A number of adults and children have been sick. Thankfully, I don't fall into that category yet.
3. rest and rejuvenation: The past couple months have not been easy. The week of travel to pack in TZ followed immediately by coming to the orientation was a tough schedule in many ways. I also hope to have some pure solid vacation before transitioning to Kampala in a few weeks.
4. the team in Kampala as they prepare for my arrival
5. financial wisdom as a set up/furnish a new home in Kampala
6. smooth process with immigration in Uganda as I take steps and apply for a work permit. 

and everything else that comes with leaving one place and going to another mixed with the aspects of doing this across country borders. 
-goodbyes
-meeting new people
-getting acclimated to new places 
-ease of transport of belongings
-finding a new place to call home
-etc....

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the journey! Gods got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covering you in prayer. May God go before you, behind you, and be all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Covering you in prayer. May God go before you, behind you, and be all around you.

    ReplyDelete