Saturday, March 25, 2017

NEWSLETTER: March 2017

Another month full of adventures.



Greetings from Nebraska!!

As I was driving here, I came to the conclusion that I've never been in Nebraska before. But I can't say that anymore. It is wonderful to have friends in many places. It makes it super easy to visit all around for a big road trip.

Today as I looked back through pictures, I realized that at the beginning of the month, I was in California. And as I look forward, I'm less than four weeks from going to the airport to return to Uganda.

How did that happen?

I just know that the next few weeks will start to fly by but I will try to be intentional and enjoy moments each day until then. March has been filled with much adventure. As you can see from the map below, I've been on the road for a number of hours. It has been wonderful to visit friends and make new friends. It really makes me feel like I have homes all over the country. So many people have welcomed me into their home. So many people have blessed me with local adventures including: coffee shops, cafes, shows, outdoor exploring, and seemingly endless amounts of tasty delicious food.

[Above photo: chasing the sunset while driving across Kansas)
Hard to believe that at the beginning of the month I was in California traveling by Greyhound. 
Earlier this month, I finally had the chance to play in a tiny bit of snow...it was even in TN.
Here's a glimpse at how far I've made it on the midwest road trip. Still more than a few hours left to make it back to TN. 
At the first stop, my friends blessed me with the opportunity to see Moses at Sight and Sound
I spent 8 days at a retreat in Colorado. One day I spent the afternoon with the leaders' dog. 
Before leaving Colorado, new friends offered to treat me to the view at Pikes Peak. It was breath taking! And we drove to the top.

But the truth also involves the fact that the countdown is oh so close....if not already here. In less than four weeks, I'll be on a plane for the journey back to Kampala.

Please pray for fabulous memories to continue over the next few weeks. Pray that all the travel in between those moments will continue to be safe and without issues. Pray for wise decisions through packing and that I wouldn't be overcome by materialism as I start the packing tetris. Pray for wisdom as I start to transition back into work later next month.

I am very thankful that I've been blessed with so much safety in the three months I've been in America. All the travel by bus, van, and planes has been safe. I'm thankful for each of you that has been so flexible with me as I work out the schedules and often change things.

Well, I'm off to do some of that intentional time with friends. (Yeah for the work day being over!)

-Katherine
One of the breath taking views at the top of Pikes Peak in Colorado. The visibility was over 100 miles (160 km) that morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment