Monday, April 24, 2017

Two less machines

I didn't do much of anything in the kitchen the last four months.

Sometimes I did try but often I was significantly encouraged to do something else.
Other times, I was busy.
And still other times, I was often traveling and the kitchen was the either a gas station or whatever snack I could reach in my box of snacks.

But when I was near a kitchen there were these fabulous machines that took care of things afterwards.

Those machines are no longer here.



Now I use the dishwasher that God gave us. I have one at the end of each arm. Washing dishes is one of my least favorite household tasks.
[Note: the sinks work fine. I was using the basin because I was trying to be resourceful with water that leaked from somewhere else. ]

One thing I did do the last four months was laundry. It it seemed to happen often. I remember one specific time that I was so thankful that a friend offered her machines to me within an hour of my arrival. Those clothes machines are also no longer here.



This is a bucket system that I found on youtube last year. A friend helped make it for me last year. I can just never quite get the right rhythm to get things clean like those can that have hand-washed clothes since they could walk. But this helps and in a weird way it is fun. Although, I don't have the right place for the spin cycle that is indicated in the video.

So, this is my life with a couple less machines. One small way that likely separates you and me. However, I'm still in a vast city with plenty of amenities including: electricity, internet, running water, restaurants, places to shop, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment