Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Let's look at some numbers

It goes without saying that numbers are one of my high points. I love working with numbers and figuring out ways to connect things via numbers. Lately, so many numbers have had me in awe.
I'll share them in numerical order because that just makes sense.

1 - One new friendship began on Sunday, July 27. Melody (my one and only team member for Tanzania) and I were able to connect by phone call for the first time. It was so great to "officially" meet and begin our journey together.

1 - One home church continues to amaze me. There are a variety of ways that with hindsight I can see how God's timing for my move to Africa is right. One of the biggest concepts that continues to bring joy to every ounce of me is my home church. I have never felt so connected to a body of believers before this group of people. Each person continues to support me in whatever way they can and it often brings a flood of emotions. My church family is no doubt one of the things that I will miss the most.

1.8 - This is the percentage of my outgoing funds that came all in one day. It sure made August 5th a great day. It was a perfect way for God to send a little message to me that He will provide!

2 - Two years is the minimum length of my commitment to build relationships with the Digo people group in NE Tanzania so that I may have the opportunity to share the Gospel with them.

3 - Three years ago on August 6, 2011 I was getting on a plane to begin my first journey to Africa. It is quite mind boggling to think about all that has happened in such a short time.

5 - Five months until I leave for Africa. Actually, it is a little less than five months. My Africa Based Orientation (ABO) will begin on January 13th.

5 - Five trips to Africa have already changed my life. Each one has been oh so very different and God continues to shine with each new experience.

12 - Twelve is the number of weeks that I have spent in Africa….roughly, some of that is travel. That is a mere three months of time and seems like the blink of an eye compared to the next step in my journey as I strive to walk in God's will.

52 - Fifty two pages are in my new passport that arrived today. It is very exciting! I had a lot of milage and stamps in my first passport and I am looking forward to filling up another one!!!

$2,500 - Two thousand five hundred is the amount of financial support that I need pledged on a monthly basis for each month that I am on the field.

$15,000 - Fifteen thousand is the amount of financial support I need for my outgoing costs. This will cover but is not limited to domestic travel, international travel, medical, milage, printing, language school, orientation, and travel documents.

$20,000+  - Twenty thousand and some more is the amount of financial support that has already been donated for all of my previous trips to Africa. This includes all of the airfare, lodging, food, donations, and every little detail of all those trips.

Infinite - The amount of prayers that I have received over the past few years to help me and my teams as we went to go share Christ's love in Africa. It is also the number of prayers that I covet right now as I prepare for this indescribable experience that I am about to embark upon.



As much as I love order for things that can be orderly, I also love to be absolutely random at times. With that said, let's have one more number.

4 - Four people is how many people I would love for you to share with about what God has called me to do. I ask you to do that however you feel comfortable. You can share my blog through email, talk about it over lunch at work, share with your family this weekend, or bring it up at your next small group meeting for church. I ask you to do this for TWO reasons.
1. That more people would join in prayerfully supporting Melody and me over the next two years.
2. That more people would be encouraged to follow what God has called them to do as they see the joy that it brings me to be so confidently walking the path that I know He paved for me.



PS: That 4 really wasn't that random. I had a method of coming up with it.
;-)


1 comment:

  1. I totally understand your blog...so much better than trying to understand my daughters number sequence last night!

    ReplyDelete