Monday, January 26, 2015

Continual learning and resources

The overlaying theme from orientation so far is that we need to be willing life long learners. We must have an open mind to be ready to be in a state of continual learning.

One speaker that is with us for four days, opened his time by saying that the material he is covering is enough to be a 3 or 4 credit hour course at the post graduate level and we will barely be doing an overview. That was an eye opener to the amount of information there is for missionaries, cross cultural concepts, culture, worldview, and so many other topics that play a part of what we are doing.

Due to our limited time, many of the leaders are suggesting a number of books and authors. Thankfully, the wonderful invention of the kindle makes it possible to build such a library of resources and still be able to meet the weight limit when traveling.

For the next two weeks I should have reliable internet enough to download some of these books. I have created an amazon wish list of kindle books. If you would like to help me in this way, the books can be purchased and I'll receive a notification. Then, I can download the book to my kindle.

If you lose the above link, then know that you can find the list again by searching my email (kk.rowe5412@gmail.com) under wish list on the amazon home page. The list titled "Kindle Books - Africa Ministry……" Please feel free to share this with anyone that you think may be interested in helping. Thank you in advance for assisting me to build a library with a variety of resources so that I can be more effective on the mission field.


PS: Praise report - Melody's last bag was located and delivered by the airlines. Praise God!! We are so thankful for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment