Tuesday, January 13, 2015

To that one more person

Dear friends,

The last few days, weeks, and even months have been such a blessing!
OBK blew me away with how much each of you have reached out to support me.

I left Clarksville Saturday evening after the farewell gathering at the Goddard's home. It was a bittersweet drive, one that I had been looking forward to for quite some time but hadn't thought through the emotions of it. The last couple days in Clarksville were filled with lasts and lasts of all kinds that brought back many a flashback as my brain rushed through endless memories associated with various landmarks throughout the city that I have called home for quite some time.

Sunday and Monday the love continued to pour out from so many of you. Texts and emails of all kinds came with words of encouragement. You were asking when you could see me and when I was leaving. You wanted to know how you could get me one more note. I wanted to see you. The list continued to be added to of all the people that I wanted to see just one more time. Even some of you that I was blessed to have a proper "see you later" I wanted just one more moment.

There just didn't seem to be enough time, not in the hustle and bustle that we create for ourselves.

To that one more person that I didn't get to see….
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.
Thank you for your support.
Thank you for wanting to see me. It makes me feel so appreciated, loved, and valued.
If I could send you a virtual hug, then I would send it without a moment's hesitation.
You may not have felt that an email or text was enough, but it made my heart smile and thank you for that.
Time may not have allowed for what felt like a proper goodbye. But one thing I have learned throughout the time of building support is that my family and friends that support this endeavor are far more than I could have imagined. If I took the time for a "proper goodbye" for each and everyone, then it would only delay the task at hand. Thank you for understanding that I needed to go and follow the path that God has laid out for me.

I love you all and I am forever thankful for each and everyone of you. Whether we had our "see you later" yesterday, last week, or months ago, please know that I appreciate you more than I know how to describe. I am so thankful for each individual, family, and group that has chosen to hold me up throughout this new chapter in life. May God bless you greatly as you have blessed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment