Monday, December 14, 2015

A moment in time.....

It is a Sunday evening.

I'm sitting in a flat in Kampala, Uganda.

I was feeling rebellious so I put on shorts when I returned from church.
Wearing shorts made me feel exposed and improper so I put on a kanga* around my waist.
The kanga was a gift from friends when I arrived in Tanzania earlier this year.
I facetimed with my mom who is in Tennessee, USA.
The shirt I am wearing is from participating in a short term trip to Ethiopia and Uganda with Visiting Orphans.
I listened/watched a live stream of a church service from where I grew up in St. Louis, Missouri, USA.
I'm texting a friend that is in an airport in Texas, USA (but lives in California, USA) as we are both streaming the same church service.
Then some friends asked if I could facetime them also. Of course, I said yes.

In this moment (that is spread out over the evening) I am positively overwhelmed with how geographically diverse my life has become.
How did this happen?
When did this happen?

Sometimes it is stressful because I want to stay connected with so many people.
Other times I simply feel blessed.
Blessed because of a variety of freinds.
Blessed because of so many travels.
Blessed because of countless opportunities.
Blessed because so many that have made this opportunities a reality.

Blessed is the one word that describes this moment.



*Kanga is a piece of fabric that is rectangular in shape. It has a border all the way around and is often composed of bright colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment