Tuesday, December 15, 2015

My top two answers to a common question

Every now and then someone will ask what I miss from the states.

I'm extremely blessed that my answer to that question is often very simple and short.

Today marks 11 months since I had feet on the ground in America. I often think about potential posts and things to share on here. I think I had often considered writing something on the year mark about what I have missed during my first year in Africa. I have decided to jump the gun by one month.

So....

11 months consecutively in Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda) and I can honestly say that I really miss only two things. I will also say that they switch back and forth for the top spot.

PIZZA!!
I want pizza so so oh so bad. There is pizza in Africa. The quality varies greatly and people can usually tell you the best places to get it in their area. The snag is that gluten free pizza has not hit Africa yet.

HUGS!!
It is a classic case of not fully appreciating something until it is gone.
Hug-tackled by kids when returning from work.
Embraced in a welcoming hug from friends at life group.
Sunday morning hugs from so many that are part of my church family.
Family hugs at holidays.
Friend's embrace at any time as we catch up on life.


No comments:

Post a Comment