Thursday, January 14, 2016

Dinner Delivered

Recently I posted the following on Facebook:

"Two thoughts on living alone:
Downside: on Saturdays (or any day actually) no one else is there to say "the coffee is done and the pancakes are almost ready"
Upside: I can eat a mango and have juice all over my face, chin, hands, and down my arms and I don't care."


I was quite surprised when 35 people "liked" that status.
I figured it might get a some but that was quite the response.

The conclusion I came to is that: people either related to it or found humor in it.

Either way....today I feel like God responded.

A friend brought me dinner.
It wasn't anything truly fancy, except that it was.

It my short time as a long term missionary I've decided there are two meals almost every missionary longs for constantly.
1. The comfort meal: pizza, ice cream, favorite cuisine, favorite family meal
2. The fresh meal: fruits and veggies in a safe way with little to no worry of potential GI issues

This meal fell into the second category.
It came unprompted and was delivered with smile, a contagious smile.

I loved it in a way that I couldn't eat it slow enough because I just wanted to enjoy the value and taste of each bite in each moment.

It was fabulous and I was so thankful for such a meal, a meal that was delivered without any prompt, and with a smile and wiling heart.

Thank you, dear friend.






No comments:

Post a Comment