Monday, January 25, 2016

Prayer Requests

Here are some current prayer requests....

1. Elections
Uganda presidential elections are currently scheduled for 18 February. Please join us in regular prayer that this will be a peaceful time. Pray for wisdom for AIM leaders as they make decisions during this time. Know that contingency plans are being reviewed not because we expect danger but because AIM monitors and prepares for possibilities.

2. Work permit
My visa expires in less than a month. The good news is that AIM has made progress in their application to renew the NGO status in Uganda which has allowed me to apply for a work permit. This will likely not be complete before the visa expires. I can apply for a "special pass" which is kind of like an extension of the visa. Please pray that all of this goes as smoothly as possible and that I'm able to get the right paperwork done and the right stamps in my passport.

3. Friendships to begin and grow
The reality of the situation is that I'm in a new place. It's hard to believe I've actually been here for two months already. Through so much transition over the last few months (or year actually) it is hard to start again. But for obvious reasons, I still need to have friends.

4. Newfound stamina, perseverance, excitement, etc...
I'm just a few weeks into year two. There are very few things in year one that I expected and it is daunting to consider having to do all of that (or similar) all over again.

5. Praise: I have come out of a strong bout of homesickness.
A little over a week ago, I experienced a new kind of homesickness. It was one that was all consuming. Know that somehow it seems to have passed. I am very grateful for that.

6. Language learning
This is a part of missionary life that is always applicable. There is always more to learn. After last year being dedicated to Kiswahili and to start over from ground zero with Luganda, it is a struggle. It takes intentionality and humility, discipline and humor, as well as hope and dependence on God.

7. Housing
As much as I have settled in my current place of living, it is almost time to pack again. The resident will be returning from home assignment 2 March which means he will want his place back. There are a couple options for what could be next. Please pray that God will guide myself and leaders in the correct decision for where I should live next. This applies to both now and a few months down the line. All options that are available now are limited so after a few more months I'll be in the same position.

1 comment:

  1. Praying that you know "His banner over you is love." Song of Solomon 2:4 and it is an everlasting love. Claudia

    ReplyDelete