Wednesday, January 27, 2016

NEWSLETTER: January 2016

Can I interest you in a little reading?




And thus begins year two...

It seems that the holidays can make time fly by no matter what country one lives in at the time. I can hardly believe that February will be here next week. I've been so focused on one day at a time that I didn't realize so much time was passing.

Since I last wrote, Christmas and New Years has happened as well as my one year mark since leaving the states. Unfortunately there was no snow for Christmas (not that I expected any). I had a lovely time with a family in Kampala and two other single ladies. It even included buckeyes!!! A huge blessing for Christmas came when a lady so kindle brought me many goodies from the states. So many of you sent such sweet notes and gifts that my heart overflowed for days.

I was very grateful to spend New Years with two new friends on a mini vacation in Western Uganda. We went to Kibale Forest near Fort Portal. It was fabulous to get out of the city for a few days. We saw some magnificent monkeys and enjoyed some stillness away from the hustle and bustle of living and serving in the city. (Stay tuned on my blog for pictures and videos.)
Picture at very top:
my new prayer card
contact Julie Cook or Community Life Church if you would like one

Pictures (just above top to bottom):
walking the last little bit to the office;
doing some language study while enjoying an affogato;
the wall of cards and notes from Christmas

Recently, I have been carving out some time to catch up on a bit of back blogging. It's a well known fact that I often think more than I say and I have enjoyed getting some of those thoughts into written form. I encourage you to visit my blog to read more about my time here.

Some days grief sneaks up on me and all I can do is try my best to smile and make it through the day. Read this post to learn more about a day that this happened.

When it was still fall and the days were challenging and confusing, I had asked a few friends to send me pictures of the season changing. I thought it would be a encouraging to see some glimpses of such beauty. One picture really signified the season I was in and I wrote about that. I just now got around to posting it. Be sure to check that one out also.

Most importantly, for my countless prayer warriors, you can also find current prayer requests on the blog.

Want to know how you can encourage not only me but also any others that serve overseas? Here are some ideas.

As always, you can reply directly to this email!! I would love to hear from you!Please share with me ways that I can be praying for you.

Grace and Peace,
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment