Monday, March 7, 2016

God cares about the little things!

Caveat: I can't take credit for the title. It is a lovely saying that my friend recently told me.

Here's what happened....

Just shy of a week ago I moved to a new place. For the last three months I was staying in another missionaries flat while he was on home assignment. With his return, I moved to another place in town. I am now staying with another lady in her place. The extra room she had has a fabulous bed and two night stands.

I desperately wanted a desk.....for many reasons which can't be explained in this setting.

I started searching in places where other expats buy/sell things. I contacted a couple people and inquired about prices. My main concern was actually transportation but I just had to trust that fabulous friends with cars or national friends could help me get that worked out.

[I moved on a Tuesday..forgot to mention that.]

On Friday morning a friend/coworker came and immediately announced that she had a gift for me. After some initial confusion, I decided it might be dark chocolate because I had tried to get some from a friend a few weeks prior. I was truly confused. Then, she said that I was not allowed to get it on my own and that one of the guys had to help me. I started to wonder if it could be a desk.

IT WAS A DESK!!

It took less than 72 hours and GOD PROVIDED!!!

Turns out that someone asked her if she knew anyone looking for a desk because he was getting rid of his. And she knew of my current endeavor.

Of all the things going on in the world, God cared that I had a desk.


No comments:

Post a Comment