Sunday, March 27, 2016

Thankfulness

I know it is Easter in the spring time and not Thanksgiving in November.
And even though I should be cleaning my room right now, I am just overwhelmed with thankfulness and I feel led to share it.




Thankful for technology to connect me to so many
        (seriously don't know how people did this years ago when there was little to no contact to home)
Thankful to be [audibly] with my home church every now and then 
Thankful that a friend will let me facetime her for the whole service.
Thankful for so many friends that help with little details
                -email supporters
                -designing a prayer card
                -printing a prayer card
                -sending me songs from my home church
                -Saturday morning texts with a friend
                -snail mailing cards and notes to me
                -snail mailing cards and notes for me in America
Thankful for a stranger to collect gifts and goodies and bring them around the world to me
Thankful for about 3 dozen cards on a wall from friends and family
Thankful for a balcony that's fabulous for thinking and processing
Thankful for a new friend that understands the benefits of the presence of another
Thankful for the gift of sheets
Thankful for the sweet innocent giggle of a child
Thankful for monthly notes from a friend
Thankful for advanced technology to connect me to the church that planted the first seed of missions in my heart.
Thankful for gluten free oreos
Thankful for electricity (as it has not been so reliable lately, my appreciation of it grows each time it is on and working)
Thankful for a healthy body to be able to live each day an walk to church or the supermarket or anywhere
Thankful for a mom that literally does anything for me
Thankful for a friend that encouraged me to buy a little souvenir
Thankful that the artistic gift of another is a blessing to me
Thankful for new friends that are willing to serve me even before we meet
Thankful for those that have gone before me and write/share about it so I know I'm not alone in my struggles

That's just a small list that actually seems quite insufficient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment