Wednesday, March 30, 2016

NEWSLETTER: March 2016







Transition #73

It seems that my pattern for changes every 3 months is holding true for my time in Uganda.....

At the beginning of the month I changed locations in Kampala for where I call home. The missionary returned from home assignment and so the availability of that flat came to an end. He also works in the office coordinating personnel for central region. So....things have been transitioning in the work day as well while we delegate things and find a rhythm together. Through this time, it was amazing to see how God cares about the little things.

Life has been fairly uneventful recently which is something I am happy to share. Honestly, I think that's part of the reason that I am writing to you with only one day left in the month. In the office, we are excited about new teams starting in some of our countries and are working out the details and logistics for this to happen. We continue to seek God's will for the unreached in our region and pray for wisdom as we make decisions.

Here are some ways you can join me in prayer:
-praise for health over recent months: I think it is only recently that I truly realized how sick I was through so much of last year and have become thankful for the physical health I have had thus far in 2016.
-clarity about housing: God did provide a new place for me to call home in Kampala but it comes with some unique pros and cons that are hard to explain. I need to find the strength to endure the cons or some clear open opportunities for another option.
-praises for much to be thankful for these days
-motivation/perseverance for language learning:English is highly prevalent in Kampala which makes it hard to stay focused on learning another language. I'm often surprised at how often Swahili comes into my thoughts which makes learning Luganda even more challenging.
-wisdom on how to be a friend from a distance: It seems there are waves of friends with important events in their lives both exciting and challenging and it is always difficult to know how to celebrate with them or how to support them. One family I know is celebrating buying their first home and another is facing a recent diagnosis of stage four cancer. Which reminds me that you can alwayspray for health.

Please let me know how I can pray for you. You can do that by responding directly to this email. I would love to know what is happening in your life however mundane or exciting it is right now.

TOP PICTURE: That is from my trip to Kibale Forest in Western Uganda at the beginning of the year. A swing and a breath taking view....it was a glorious day.

May you have a glorious day and be unexpectedly blessed!

I know I don't say it often enough, but THANK YOU for your continuous support in every way! Without each of you, it would not be possible for me to be here.

With thanks and love,

Katherine

JOHN 16:33

This scripture has been on my mind lately which (I suppose) is fitting since we just celebrated Easter. It is a reminder that I need often.....tribulation, trials, etc. will happen but we can have PEACE because HE HAS OVERCOME THE WORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment