Monday, September 28, 2015

NEWSLETTER: September 2015 - Nairobi

Thank you for supporting not only me but also Amani Primary School!




Thank you for all your support!
Support of all kinds.....prayers, emails, notes, texts, everything!!!

During this unplanned chapter of my journey in Africa so many of you have been so kind to offer support in all kinds of ways.

I am thankful for all the prayers that each of you lift up on my behalf.
I am thankful for the emails full of personal stories, scripture, and encouragement.
I am thankful for those of you in Africa that listen to me talk about every angle of this situation.
I am thankful for those of you that have generously given material things or finances to help me during this time.
I am thankful for the new people that God has brought into my life.
I am thankful for some of the unique opportunities that I have had in Nairobi.

One of these unique opportunities was serving in Kibera over the last two weeks with SPUR Afrika. This organization is completely orchestrated by nationals. They work toward equipping children and young adults in Kibera through facilitating literacy, life skills, and leadership. Kibera is an area of Nairobi that is possibly Africa's largest slum. It is noted by overcrowding, poverty, and sanitation problems. Over the two weeks I joined the team of SPUR Afrika to do home visits, pass out clothes to children, help with bookkeeping, and other activities.

Top photo: Standing on the second floor of a school in Kibera, I was looking out over the vastness of it.



Some of us pausing for a photo after delivering a bag of new clothes to one of the sponsored kids in the program of SPUR Afrika.

I also want to take a moment to thank you for helping me celebrate my birthday last month. The numbers came in and I am thrilled to report that $1,858 was donated toward Amani Primary School. That is such a blessing for Amani during this time. Thank you for giving so generously! Please keep Amani's staff and students in your prayers this week. They will be having their first graduation for the Standard 7 class and everyone is very excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment